Before getting to the closing table, a home inspection is highly recommended and a home appraisal is required...
Good Reasons To Be Present During Your Home Inspection Include:
1. Buyers pay for home inspections out of their own funds, which can cost between $250 and $500. Therefore, an inspector shouldn’t rush through the process or only spend an hour inspecting a home that requires three hours to complete. By being present, you can shadow the inspector and check for thoroughness.
2. Being present during a home inspection, gives you the opportunity to hear explanations directly from the inspector’s mouth. After the inspection, the inspector writes a detailed report about his or her findings.
3. Being present during a home inspection also gives you the chance to ask the inspector questions. Inspectors are available after the appointment to answer any questions a buyer might have, but there is no better time than during the inspection for buyers to express their concerns.
4. Shadowing a home inspector also gives you the opportunity to become familiar with the home. If you follow the inspector throughout the property, You'll learn the location of shut-off valves, the location of the electrical panel, as well as observe other details about the house with his own eyes.
5. You can speak up if you want the home inspector to take a closer look at a particular area of the home. You can also bring concerns not addressed to the inspector's attention.
Buying a home is a big commitment, and it is important to understand that once you sign the mortgage paperwork and take possession of the home, you become responsible for any repairs and maintenance. Now’s the time to voice their concerns.
I hope you found this information empowering! I would love to know your thoughts and any questions you may have, in the comments below!
It's Time To Buy With Confidence & Sell With Success! #YourPremierRealtor
Yours Truly, #YourPremierRealtor
REALTOR ®, M.S.A.
3100 Gentian Blvd
Office 12 | Suite 007L
Columbus, GA 31907
Licensed With Century 21 Premier Real Estate, GA
7830 Veterans Parkway
Columbus, GA 31909
Phone: 706.576.2400 Ext. 60
Natalie Nicole #YourPremier