Check Out Several Reasons Why Owning A Home Is A Beautiful Thing...
1. Tax benefits. The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, and some of the costs involved in buying a home.
2. Appreciation. Historically, real estate has had a long-term, stable growth in value. In fact, median single-family existing-home sale prices have increased on average 5.2 percent each year from 1972 through 2014, according to the National Association of REALTORS®. The recent housing crisis has caused some to question the long-term value of real estate, but even in the most recent 10 years, which included quite a few very bad years for housing, values are still up 7.0 percent on a cumulative basis. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 10 to15 percent over the next decade, creating continued high demand for housing.
3. Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
4. Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
5. Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-rate mortgage payments don’t rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will likely increase.
6. Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and choose the types of upgrades and new amenities that appeal to your lifestyle.
7. Stability. Remaining in one neighborhood for several years allows you and your family time to build long-lasting relationships within the community. It also offers children the benefit of educational and social continuity. Source: National Association of Realtors
Yours Truly, #YourPremierRealtor
REALTOR ®, M.S.A.
3100 Gentian Blvd
Office 12 | Suite 007L
Columbus, GA 31907
CENTURY 21 Premier Real Estate
7830 Veterans Parkway
Columbus, GA 31909
Phone: 706.576.2400 Ext. 60
I hope you found this information empowering! I would love to know your thoughts and any questions you may have, in the comments below!
It's Time To Buy With Confidence & Sell With Success! #YourPremierRealtor
REALTOR® -- A Registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Inquiries regarding the Code of Ethics or NAR membership should be directed to the Board or Association in which a REALTOR® holds membership.
Natalie Nicole #YourPremier